Proper pre + post care is an essential part of optimal healing. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, please follow our recommended care agenda.
4 Weeks Before Procedure
- NO: Laser treatments, Antibiotics, Anti-aging products, Anti-acne products, Surgery of any kind, Tanning
- For eyelinner appointments only: NO Eyelash serums and no Eyelash extensions – must be removed before service.
- Discontinue Retin-A (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
- Botox and dermal fillers on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
2 Weeks Before Procedure
- No waxing of treatment areas less than two weeks prior to procedure
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!
- No spray tanning
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Avoid sun and tanning prior to procedure.
2 Days (48 hours) Before Procedure
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
24 Hours Before Procedure
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- No smoking or drinking alcohol 24 hours before procedure.
If you have any of the following conditions please contact us immediately before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate.
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin
We have the right to deny service to clients who have the conditions listed above.