Plasma Pen Fibroblast Therapy
At Shine, we use a Plasma Pen to apply a high-frequency electric current to small areas of the skin. The process by which a Plasma Pen works is called “Fibroblasting.”
Fibroblasts are collagen and protein-producing cells just below your outermost skin layer. Fibroblasts play an important role in building the connective tissue that contributes to skin firmness and tightness.
This non-medical procedure is non-intrusive and the plasma pen tip doesn’t directly touch the skin, but instead releases a targeted current just above the skin. The current creates small holes, or micro-injuries, in the skin’s layer, and as the skin heals it tightens.
According to an 2019 article published in the PMFA journal, the thermal disruption, or heat damage, from plasma fibroblast therapy:
- breaks down proteins in the skin
- encourages tissue regeneration
- stimulates fibroblast activity
- causes tissue contraction (tightening)
What Can the Plasma Pen Treat?
Plasma lift skin tightening can be used to treat the skin on almost all areas of the body. However, it is most commonly used to treat wrinkles and loose skin on the face, neck, and body. When performed in our state-of-the-art sterile treatment room, plasma fibroblast therapy can:
- improve skin texture
- offer mild to moderate skin tightening
- treat hard to treat areas such as the upper and lower eyelids, and fine lines around the mouth.
- be used for loose skin on the arms or the abdomen.
- reduce the appearance of acne scars
Make an Appointment
Face it … looking and feeling better takes more than stacking rocks on your back while listening to soft music. If you are ready for real change in your life, schedule your free beauty consultation.
If you are looking for microblading, facials, or medical aesthetics services, we are conveniently located in downtown Wakefield Massachusetts. Call us at 781-261-0611 or fill out our online booking or inquiry form and we’ll contact you.
Why Choose Us
Shine offers an exceptional experience of mind-body wellness in a relaxed setting of casual elegance and unsurpassed personal service, where every moment is yours to savor. We provide the latest innovations in facial and body treatments, medical aesthetics, wellness and beauty.
- Fully approved FDA treatments
- All treatments performed by experienced, licensed providers
- Private concierge service
- First-time client discounts
- Free initial consultation